Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Welcome to Twinbrook/"Chapter 0"

Wow.

I can't believe it's 2018 and I'm starting a new legacy save in the Sims 3! It's been a long time since I've even opened the game. I didn't realize how fully I had migrated to Sims 4 until I rolled for generation one: Single, 3 children, Science, Opportunist, Partier.

Uhh.. yeah. What do all those things mean?? I completely forgot science was even a career in TS3! And opportunities! How do those work again? I swear I used to know my way around this game like the back of my hand. But this is exciting too, because the sims hasn't felt new to me in quite a while.

The technical aspects of the game are less inspiring. There is so much frankly bizarre content in CAS alone and I'm not sure which of it is store content, or CC, or even just freaky expansion items. I'm terrified of breaking into my mods folder, so I decided to put the more tedious detail stuff aside for now and just start playing. I'll figure things out as I go along; and if the first generation or so is a little messy/broken/low-effort, well, so be it.


We're starting in one of those starter homes in the gloomy side of Twinbrook, because my founder is a bit of an oddball. I forgot how many traits there are to choose from in TS3, and a lot of them are pretty interesting. Like the socially awkward trait; it conflicts with charismatic, of course, and social butterfly, but not with irresistible or party animal. Huh.


Emmie Lee's traits are Socially Awkward, Green Thumb, Handy, Party Animal, and Irresistible. I thought it might be interesting to see how some of those traits interact, since she has the partier goal. To make things worse, she's living in a grungy one-room swamp shack... Hopefully the results will be pretty entertaining :D


10 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm so happy you're starting a legacy! CAS can be a bit overwhelming, but there should be little symbols in the corner of each item's icon that show you where the content is from. Each expansion has its own logo, store content has a shopping bag and cc has a flower/star. You can also set CAS to only show you things from a certain expansion pack by picking a filter on the top right.

    Emmie Lee looks adorable! I'm loving those traits. I guess it makes sense that socially awkward conflicts with charismatic since charismatic implies an ability to handle social situations with ease. A socially awkward party animal may enjoy being with other people and letting loose, but they'll probably be, well, awkward about it. Maybe even without noticing themselves XD And irresistible - the game seems to treat it as some sort physical attractiveness, without much effect on social skills.

    Woah, sorry for the long comment! Long story short, I think you picked an awesome mix of traits there. Emmie is going to be a ton of fun :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, you're right. I was blinded by the ugliness of some of those clothes, and didn't notice the little corner icons. Haha. Thanks!

      And thank you for reading <33

      Delete
  2. Your founder is cute, I'm excited to see what she gets up to! Your observations as someone who doesn't remember how to play are entertaining too, if you don't mind me saying, I'm glad you included them. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, that's good to hear. I will probably include those types of observations for a while starting out. There's so much in the game I'm not sure I ever noticed my first time around, so even if I'm boring people with the mundane I'm really excited to discover parts of the game I maybe never even experienced before :D

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing but I think you're going to "get into it" much fast than you think! At least that was the case for me after taking a hiatus of a few years.
    Welp, welcome back to open neighbourhoods, CaSt, and stupid bugs that would break the game if it wasn't for this awesome modding community!

    A socially awkward party animal sounds fun and I love the steampunk-ish look ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I think I'll get back into the swing of things in no time! I missed CaSt so much.... *happy tears*

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. Ooooh I love the little shack!

    I'm glad they didn't put too many traits as conflicting because you can be more creative with your sims' personalities! It makes you think of how those traits would go together when you get something random.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and it's cool to thing about how different traits would affect different aspects of their lives! Just like people :D

      Thanks for reading <3

      Delete
  5. Emmie looks cute! <3 I'm looking forward to how a socially awkward party animal handles life (actually, that kinda sounds like me in a way)
    I like how quirky Emmie Lee is, very cute ^-^

    ReplyDelete